We develop Session Portals for projects (currently mainly in health care and education) where overview on complex cases of large numbers of therapists is key.
Basic functions of our session portals:
- possibility to upload large quantaties (we currently store more than 30.000 hours) of video
- a user friendly way of uploading, editing and adding meta data and accessing the videos in the portal
- optimal data security, which means that each user only sees what she/he may see. Outsiders may only see the login screen.
- clear overview on what is present and on what happens in the portal
- tailored notifications to those that need notification
Session Portals have their roots in 2006, when in the Netherlands PMTO was introduced in a project between ISII (part of the Oregon Social Learning Center OSLC, USA) and TNO (Dutch Organisation for Applied Scientific Research).
The main reasons for building the original session portal were:
monitoring therapists in training. This monitoring was done across borders: USA based trainers were supervising Dutch therapists doing their therapy after their training sessions.
quality assurance in an evidence based environment. In PMTO and other therapies the therapists are re-qualified each year through the re-certification program. For this program all interactions of the therapists and clients are recorded and entered into the portal for later easy retrieval. Each certification period a therapist must send in a certain amount of videos for certification by a supervisor.
data acquisition for research into effectiveness, cost effectiveness etc.
The current versions are completely built in the safe and secure CMS Drupal.
Session portal variants
Well, more or less standard: each variant will be tuned to your needs.